Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Don't like me?

This is a familiar theme for me, so bear with me. But I had another couple of 'social hell' evenings recently, and I have just really grown weary of the juvenile behavior of those in this town who have decided (for whatever reason they conjured up) that I'm not worthy of their friendship any longer. And honestly, I don't need to be their friends. But civility and kindness have also gone by the wayside, and that is what I'm weary of. I have become invisible to these people (few that they are...) Seriously, they will stop in front of me to hug people on my right and/or my left, and barely nod at me. Or look right through me as though I've donned the cloak of invisibility. And yes, it shouldn't matter. But it is still hurtful. These same people refuse to have a face-to-face or one-on-one conversation to resolve any perceived wrongs or misunderstandings (I've long given up trying...) It's sad that they want to hold onto whatever it is.


Meh. As a good friend said, "Lori, you have lots of friends." Very true. Good and dear and loving friends who support me and accept me for who I am. I just wish the social interactions weren't so awkward and obviously exclusive. Sigh. I try not to care, I really do. That's why I love this cartoon.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, but....it still hurts. It hurts to be snubbed, to be misunderstood, to be rejected. However. Comma. It hurts more to stay in relationship with someone like that. What's that quote from "Lawrence of Arabia?" Something about "minding the pain." Put on your pain apathy pants and travel on. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it hurts. Very much so. And I wish it didn't. I yam what I yam. Yadda yadda yadda. Pain apathy pants go well with shit kickers? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really great to read something like that

    great product

    ReplyDelete