Friday, September 10, 2010

Aaaaaand...Exhale

Deep breath in, looooooooooooooong breath out. I remember when I was in labor with Rebecca, I had miserable lower back pain and ridiculous, irregular contractions. The nurses were patient, even as loud as I was (they said they'd heard worse....) At one point, one of them told me it helped to hold the exhale as long as I could. And she was right. When I could really focus and hold my exhale, the pain lessened. Of course, when the new love of my life showed up in the form of the anesthesiologist and I finally received the pain injection, the pain really lessened.

Still, there is something to be said for breathing...especially breathing out. Long, long breath out. There, that's better.

4 comments:

  1. Love it when I remember how to breathe.
    Thanks for all the recent posts; kinda inspiring. Yeah. Maybe I'll take the time to write my own somethin, somethin.

    Maybe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do, Em. I love when you blog. :)

    ReplyDelete